2018 Summer Internship
I’m looking for a part-time summer intern to help with several projects that need an extra boost. The ideal candidate for the internship has some background with programming in Python 3, at least an interest in typography and typeface design, and skill as a graphic designer. This internship is in Saint Louis, Missouri.
Likely & Possible projects
- Working on python scripting for typeface design
- Contributing to open source python packages for typeface design (fontParts mostly)
- Project research
- General graphic design
Who you might be
- You know Python
- You are not afraid of detail.
- You have an interest and love for type.
- You are a student in college, enrolled in a design or computer science program.
- You are likely local to Saint Louis.
What is expected of you
- You will be at the studio from 9:00am – 5:00pm, three days a week for 8 weeks.
- You have a willingness for learning technical things and tolerate repetition and dad jokes well.
- You have a good sense of humor.
What you’ll get out of it:
- Experience in a very small studio and typefoundry (XYZ Type).
- A stipend of $3,000.
- My willingness to fill out any form to get you school credit for the internship.
- Exposure to more early ’90s hip-hop and coffee than you likely want.
- A good story or three.
Answer the following questions in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Why are you interested in design and coding?
- What is the thing you geek out about the most?
- What do you do outside of design?
- Where can I see your work?
Applications will be accepted until April 2nd. Internship starts at a mutually agreed date.